With HooKan you can compare and edit permissions across user groups at the same time - your access security can only improve as your anxiety level goes down.
Besides, it's just much easier to manage permissions this way
Why Not Just Stay With the EE Way?
EE Good - provides great fine-grained control over all manner of access permissions at the user-group level. EE Bad - EE does not provide a permission-focused, overall view of all access permissions
So what, and Who Cares?
- The "Member Group 'Authors' Settings" Control Panel (CP) alone provides for 67+C+T+M permissions to deal with, where C = the number of channels, T = the number of Template Groups and M = the number of Modules - and that only covers one user group, so multiply by the number of user groups in your case.
- Worse, if you need to know the state by permission rather than by user group, you get to look at each user group in turn using whatever clever method you have to keep track of the differences and similarities between them.
- So for a three channel site with two template groups, 6 modules and 5 user groups, you have to keep track of 390 individual permissions.
- No sweat if all user groups get the same permissions, but a real pain in the situation (to coin a phrase) where user groups have to be kept securely separate from each other.
- If you want an easy way to manage permissions and you DO care about access security, don't you, then HooKan is your friend.
HooKan is MSM-aware
"HooKan" is short for "Who can" do what.
de Beer License Agreement
This license is a legal agreement between you and John de Beer (trading as "de Beer") for the use of de Beer's Software (software). By downloading the software, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this license. de Beer reserve the right to alter this agreement at any time, for any reason, without notice.
A purchased licence is required for each installation of the software. One (1) licence grants the right to perform one (1) installation of the Software. Each additional installation of the Software requires an additional purchased licence.
Unless you have been granted prior, written consent from de Beer, you may not:
- Reproduce, distribute, or transfer the Software, or portions thereof, to any third party.
- Sell, rent, lease, assign, or sublet the software, or portions thereof.
- Grant rights to any other person.
- Use this Software in violation of any law or regulation worldwide.
Display of Copyright Notices
All copyright and proprietary notices and logos in the Control Panel and within the Software must remain intact.
Making Copies and Duplication of Software
You may make copies of the Software for back-up purposes, provided that you reproduce the Software in its original form and with all proprietary notices on the back-up copy.
You may alter, modify, or extend the Software for your own use, or commission a third-party to perform modifications for you, but you may not resell, redistribute or transfer the modified or derivative version without prior written consent from de Beer. Components from this software may not be extracted and used in other programs without prior written consent from de Beer.
- Use the contact form at http://www.debeer.com
- Hangout at GooglePlus where you can interact with other HooKan users. Apply for invitations using the contact form at http://www.debeer.com. All customers receive invitations upon completion of their first purchase.
- For How To, Feature Requests etc. StackExchange is the best place for all kinds of interaction that is EE-related, including help with HooKan familiarization.
de Beer does not provide telephone support.
No representations or guarantees are made regarding the response time in which support questions are answered, but we will normally reply within the same day of receiving a request.
We offer a 30 day, money back refund if you are not satisfied with our software. Please contact us within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless de Beer for any third-party claims, actions or suits, as well as any related expenses, liabilities, damages, settlements or fees arising from your use or misuse of the Software, or a violation of any terms of this licence.
Disclaimer Of Warranty
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, de Beer DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE OR ANY RELATED SERVICE WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE.
Limitations Of Liability
YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE INSTALLATION AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OF THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY ARISING FROM, OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE. LICENSE HOLDERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF USE AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ITS USE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RISKS OF PROGRAM ERRORS, DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF DATA OR SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, OR UNAVAILABILITY OR INTERRUPTION OF OPERATIONS.